Looking to strengthen the vocation of marriage in your diocese?
We can help kick-start a parish-based marriage ministry movement in your diocese by collaborating with you to offer a one-day, invitation-only Diocesan Marriage Summit!
- Gather pastor-selected delegates from every parish.
- Communicate your bishop’s vision and plan for strengthening the vocation of marriage in your diocese.
- Connect, inspire and encourage clergy and faith-filled married couples to do “just one thing”new in their parish to strengthen the vocation of marriage.
Why a Diocesan Marriage Summit?
Many bishops want to strengthen the vocation of marriage in their diocese. For many, this has been a priority for years and it is now one of the five priorities of the USCCB 2017-2020 Strategic Plan. The release of Amoris Laetitia only adds impetus and inspiration for this work.
Parishes are the ideal place to strengthen the vocation of marriage. Yet, few parishes provide ministries or programs specifically for married couples. Often, if a couple wants to do something to strengthen their marriage, they usually have to look outside the parish to find a program, workshop or to attend a weekend retreat.
Many pastors want to do something to strengthen the vocation of marriage in their parish. Yet, they are so busy they often do not have the time to do more.
It is time to invite, encourage, and inspire faith-filled married couples (who know, love and live the teachings of the Church) to do just one thing new to help their pastor strengthen the vocation of marriage in their parish.
How does it work?
Annunciation Ministries collaborates with the bishop and his diocesan office to establish needs and an implementation plan.
Annunciation Ministries provides:
- General consultation and support.
- Marketing materials.
- Keynote and workshop presentations.
- Registration system.
- On-site coordination.
The diocese provides:
- Financial sponsorship (see below for more information on costs).
- Coordination of venue.
- Communication with parishes.
- Logistical support.
- Receives allotted “Golden Tickets”. The invitation-only nature of the event is intended to enhance the Parish Delegate’s sense of being sent by their pastor as a Parish Delegate.
- Invites Parish Delegates to attend.
- Attends the Marriage Summit, if possible.
- Meets with Parish Delegates after the Marriage Summit to determine a plan for marriage ministry at the parish.
The Parish Delegates:
- Attend the Marriage Summit.
- Help their pastor do “just one thing” new to strengthen the vocation of marriage in their parish.
the Marriage Summit vary depending upon:
- How much support a diocese needs from Annunciation Ministries in the planning process.
- The real costs (such as the venue and meal options).
- How many delegates each pastor may send. Our preference is that all clergy are invited (even if they cannot attend the entire time) and that every pastor is given an additional four “Golden Tickets” to send two married couples.
All of these items, however, are determined in consultation with the diocese. Additionally, it can be paid for either entirely by the bishop or a combination of the bishop and parishes.
Format of the Marriage Summit
The format of the day is flexible depending upon diocesan needs. We recommend it be minimally 1pm – 6pm; preferably longer to include a meal (on either or both ends of the day).
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||Optional Lunch|
|1:00pm – 1:30pm||Bishop’s Welcome Keynote|
|1:50pm – 2:25pm||Three to Thrive Keynote|
|2:45pm – 3:30pm||Marriage Enrichment Breakout Sessions|
|3:50pm – 4:35pm||Marriage Ministry Breakout Sessions|
|4:35pm – 5:15pm||Networking or Eucharistic Adoration|
|7:00pm||Optional Closing Dinner Celebration|
- It is simple!
- It is exciting!
- It is effective!
A vision will be given…
Endorsements from Most Rev. Thomas G. Wenski, Most Rev. Peter Baldacchino, and Sr. Elizabeth Anne Worley, SSJ
Download the Flyer:
Please contact us for more information including pricing options, preview of materials, implementation options, etc.